Gene R. Beaty
Expert DWI Attorney
Texas DWI Attorney Gene Beaty is an expert DWI Attorney, a former judge, and prosecutor, who spent decades perfecting his courtroom skills and mastering the pretrial strategies to protect his clients. He has earned a the TOP rating from Avvo.com, an independent attorney rating firm. His reputation and experience will provide you the best value in representation. He has carefully selected the content included in this DWI Guide to provide you with the best information available so you can become educated about DWI.
What is different about Gene Beaty?
Serving as judge, prosecutor and defense attorney created a unique view of the judicial system.
He has a strong respect for the process, while also knowing its defects. Gene works hard to establish and maintain a reputation for integrity and ethical professionalism. He has confidence and respect for the system. The fact is that most judges, prosecutors, and juries are decent, honest folks trying to do their best. Having had similar experiences, Gene Beaty easily establishes rapport by treating them with the respect their position deserves while working to encourage their human compassion and respect for each of his clients. When occasionally confronted by a jerk in the system, he finds a road around. Often, there is an argument about how the law applies to a client’s situation, so he comes prepared both with legal reasoning and applicable case law. As a former judge himself, he knows that every judge appreciates the aggressive argument of a respectful advocate. He does whatever it takes to protect his client!
DWI Defense is a complex challenge, very different than other criminal law cases. Some really exceptional criminal lawyers never master it, because of the special training and experience it requires. To stay current and advance his knowledge, Gene Beaty attends several DWI seminars EVERY year, in addition to general criminal law seminars, since there is some overlap. His commitment to legal education earned him admission to the prestigious College of the State Bar of Texas. Only a few lawyers earn this distinction. This training is combined with his many years focused on DWI practice, so he has earned the title of EXPERT with special expertise in DWI law.
His commitment to caring and nurturing his clients is unmatched. He only accepts clients who he believes to be decent, hard-working souls who made a mistake that they regret-SO UNLIKE who they really are. Custom plans are developed for each client that is cost-effective, consistent with their individual needs and wishes, so each client benefits from Gene Beaty’s expertise.
- Few have ever been arrested before and when they have, it was long ago.
- Some seldom drink, much less drink and drive, but they did this time.
- Some know they weren’t drunk and want an aggressive defense. Only an acquittal will work.
- Others realize they were intoxicated and hope that there is escape through a legal loophole, making the best of the situation.
- Some know that this is a wake-up call because their relationship to a alcohol is unhealthy so they found Gene to help them. He takes special pride in helping many clients turn their life around. Having been raised among alcoholics, he understands the dangers of the disease and knows that the cure saves lives and families. His empathy is based on a real understanding of alcohol and it’s effect on families. He drank and drove during his college and military years, so this is personal to him, even though he was never arrested. He has been there and knows how it goes. And what it takes to avoid ever being arrested again. He works with some of the best DWI educators in the area so there is a team effort to rehabilitation.
Whatever your view of the arrest, you will receive expert advice, compassion and an aggressive defense.
THERE IS MORE:
- To most lawyers, it’s just a 9- 5 job. Don’t blame them, makes sense but often denies a client the help they need in an urgent situation.
- Many lawyers hide behind a few strategies
- Require clients to come to their office for meetings. Who has time for that?
- Hide behind secretaries or “legal assistants” to avoid phone calls
- Send a less experienced attorney to handle important negotiations or hearings
- Some lawyers charge really high fees, knowing that in the end, the results will be the same achieved by other equally experienced [less expensive] DWI attorneys. Gene Beaty disapproves and works hard to achieve a cost-effective strategy that makes sense to the client.
- Lawyers are selected by well-meaning friends or lawyers from the church or organization without a critical evaluation. They end up with a conviction that might have been avoided with the help of an expert DWI attorney.
- IN CONTRAST:
- Gene Beaty avoids office conferences unless it will provide enough benefit to the client to make it worth their time.
- Alway returns client calls himself and generally answers them too, even weekends and nights.
- He is honored to be trusted by his client and works hard to encourage it.
- He relies on email, phone, and text to achieve consistent client communication.
- DWI education and alcohol dependency exams are required by every plea because of the value they provide to every citizen whoever touches alcohol. They are more beneficial as soon after arrest as feasible, so he has selected experts to consult. The training helps, whether the case is headed toward trial or plea.
An important lesson learned by a judge is that clients are decent people in the strangest adventure of their lives. It is hard – generally impossible – for them to evaluate their lawyer. The only wise choice is an expert DWI attorney, respected by other lawyers, the courts and recommended by former clients.
Gene Beaty is a highly successful Texas DWI lawyer with a record of acquittals, dismissals, and reductions in the defense of DWI, drunk driving and alcohol-related cases. Each case is different, but note that Gene Beaty always starts with the goal of getting your case of drunk driving in Texas dismissed or acquitted. When it comes to criminal law cases, an experienced and effective criminal defense attorney can mean the difference between a jail sentence and reduced or dismissed charges. Even in less serious cases, a good DWI criminal defense attorney can make a serious improvement on the outcome of the case by ensuring that your rights of the accused are protected throughout the legal process. For these and other reasons, it is vital that you select the most competent, experienced and effective attorney available.
Your DWI attorney’s experience is very important. The way your DWI case is handled will determine your future. Having Texas DWI experience will mean the difference between obtaining a good result and a bad result. An experienced DWI Defense lawyer can help you understand what you are up against and the fines you may be required to pay. A DWI lawyer mostly deals with DWI matters and knows the process inside and out – including options that a public defender may not tell you. The initial question is whether you have had any of your constitutional rights violated, which could result in your case being dismissed.
If DWI charges are brought against you or your loved one, you run the risk of having your driver’s license revoked and could be faced with jail time. Don’t take any chances; DWI can be a difficult case to defend against because the majority of cases depend directly on a police officer’s observation and chemical testing. You want a lawyer who can critically evaluate the evidence and fully advise you of your options.
CALL for a FREE consultation and decide for yourself.
Avvo Superb Rating
Published Author of books and articles
Avvo Top Criminal Attorney
Avvo Top DWI Attorney
Top 100 DWI Lawyers in Texas
40+ years as Lawyer
10+ years focuses on Texas DWI Law
Law Journal Research Editor SMU Law School (1969)
Why You Should Hire?
Extensive Trial Experience
Convenient Office Locations
Offers Digital Communication for efficiency and fast response
Reasonable Fees Quotes — Assured Flat Rate Fees
Convenient Office Locations
Selected as 1 of Top DWI Lawyers in Texas
“Very High Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethics” – Martindale-Hubble Legal Directory
Member, College of State Bar of Texas