Texas DWI Guide includes information about Texas DWI arrests so that citizens understand the legal process of arrest and court actions that threaten their freedom and rights to drive legally. The consequences of a DWI are very hard and this DWI Guide explains how the process applies to you.
A charge of DWI, DUI or BUI in Texas can have serious consequences. You may lose your driver’s license, experience a substantial increase in car insurance rates, pay large fines and court costs, suffer a driver’s license surcharge ranging from $3,000.00 to $6,000.00, and possibly face jail time.
It's important that you know
1. The legal defenses that might be used to defend you
2. The process that police must use to lawfully detain and arrest you
3. what punishment you face if you are convicted,
1. Both criminal and administrative license proceedings
2. Decisions about fighting your case, seeking dismissal, reduction of charges or acquittal with a “not guilty” verdict so that you to have your arrest record and fingerprints torn up!
3. Overlapping jurisdiction of Courts and your state's motor vehicle licensing department to suspend or revoke your license, and
4. License programs that allow you to use your vehicle to get to and from work.
5. Harsher punishments for those arrested with BAC limits over .08 and multiple convictions
6. special laws for underage drivers arrested for DWI
7. plea bargaining if you decide to plead guilty
o These pages discuss specific details for each of the most common arrests:DWI 1st, 2d or 3rd, whether this includes probation or jail. The Managing Editor has selected resources from the best information available so you have a comprehensive guide to DWI.