1. Both criminal and administrative license proceedings
2. Decisions about fighting your case, seeking dismissal, reduction of charges or acquittal with a “not guilty” verdict so that you to have your arrest record and fingerprints torn up!
3. Overlapping jurisdiction of Courts and your state's motor vehicle licensing department to suspend or revoke your license, and
4. License programs that allow you to use your vehicle to get to and from work.
5. Harsher punishments for those arrested with BAC limits over .08 and multiple convictions
6. Special laws for underage drivers arrested for DWI
7. Plea bargaining if you decide to plead guilty
These pages discuss specific details for each of the most common arrests: DWI 1st, 2d or 3rd, whether this includes probation or jail. The Managing Editor has selected resources from the best information available so you have a comprehensive guide to DWI.